Draperies: Our Picks for Trending Custom Drapery Styles for 2022 & Ordering and Installation Timelines.
Sep 10, 2021
New 2022 trends for window coverings in Ontario build on a soft and relaxing 2021 minimalist feel. Drapery trends see even the chill group wanting to kick up their heels a bit, and colour accents with special-order window treatments and draperies are popular. So, what style are you?
The trend of custom window coverings gives you your best options; weighty, gauzy or textured fabrics, and drapery colours are determined by a room’s style, location and usage.
And that is when a drapery designer becomes the solution to your questions. The assuredness from living and breathing design, as a designer does, cannot be replicated by looking through online photos, especially when it comes to drapery fabrics.
- A designer helps to decide the weight of the drapery against the existing or intended interior.
- The location of your drapery determines the kind of lining or even the need for a lining.
- Our specialized decorators will help unite your new custom drapery colour and style with your artwork and furniture.
Designing your home has been made easy in the past decade, so here are a few new easy directions you can go with your drapery in 2022. Please get inspired by our Covers Designers’ Edge Gallery of Work
The beauty of design is its morphing and reflection of society’s cadency, and we can be thankful, living in Canada, that we have the privilege of enjoying this season’s sense of optimistic renewal.
- Tone-on-tone Scandinavian palettes; structured white walls are the backdrop for warm and off-whites. Adding punctuations of colour into these rooms with coloured drapery creates a beautiful design layer and highlights a season of hope.
- The psychology of the Japanese influence allows for the nurturing of imperfections, natural palettes and textural beauty that we all need.
- A subtle Bohemian mix can be the perfect marrying of your treasured pieces brought into the present realm with a contemporary drapery, brightly coloured or not.
Covers Designers’ Edge Signature Fabric Collection will give you all the latest looks from our in-house fabric suppliers. Even better, you’ll receive our special pricing on every order. Start HERE Covers Canada is Ontario’s leading supplier of custom drapery and Hunter Douglas window treatments.
Are you an interior designer, realtor or builder?
We love to work with like-minded professionals and hope to hear from you soon. Please contact us here or call us at (519) 652 0222 ext 227.
We specialize in commercial and residential automated shading solutions.
Please read more.
Lucky for us all, a set of new draperies offers three design-essential components to a room’s refresh.
- A punctuation of colour is one of drapery’s best talents.
- Your new drapes or curtains are a much-needed textural, or purposeful lack of, layering element.
- Draperies are first functional and can elevate a room’s usage dramatically, as its long-awaited solution.
Are you planning an eagerly anticipated family holiday meal? Would you love to entertain with a new set of drapes and window coverings?
The ordering, manufacturing and installing of drapes and curtains take time, and your planned festivities may happen before your drapery project is ready. If the pandemic has shown us something other than the understanding of life’s fragility, it is that we must wait sometimes for those things worth waiting for.
A true story about not wanting to wait; A designer showed a client custom drapery that solved all desires and ticked every box. When the four-month timeline felt long, the customer opted to find a ready-made set of drapes and rationalized that a neutral colour would be fine. The result was less in price, but also in terms of the design outcome.
Timelines to remember for ordering, manufacturing and installation of your drapery:
Ordering: Depending on the busyness of the season and the fabric, 8 – 16 weeks (2 – 4 months) is a reasonable timeline for the ordering of your draperies to their installation. Choose from Covers Designer Edge Signature Fabric Collection to save on those timelines. Start HERE.
Manufacturing: Our Designer Edge Series is sewn in Ontario with the shortest manufacturing timeline and most eco-friendly carbon footprint.
Installations: Our courteous installers have been professionally trained and will lead you step-by-step through the installation process. We provide you with a 1 – 2 week notice before your installation date.
For 34 years, Covers Canada, a 100%, proudly Canadian-owned company has been a leader in window covering design and the quality of our products, no matter your budget.
Please find our design store near you:
Sarnia, 1362 Lambton Rd, Unit 12 (519) 542 0960
London Southwest, 297 Exeter Rd. (519) 652 0222
London North, 1950 Hyde Park Rd. (519) 660 3661
Kitchener, 500 Fairway Rd. (519) 894 3455
Burlington, 2500 Appleby Line (905) 333 8121
We’d love to help you update your window coverings!
Tags: Drapery 2022, Design Trends 2022